Sunday, October 11, 2009

Painting Small

As I've mentioned in the past, my work takes two basic forms, large impasto studio painting and plein air painting. There is another aspect and that is the in between process that results in small studio paintings. Throughout the year, I'm constantly sketching and formulating ideas for my large works. This process results in small works, generally with figures. These small paintings are where I try to see a small part of what might be the finished focal point of a much larger painting. Some of the images are repeated as I'm trying different aspects of color and design and how they might juxtipose with each other. My favorite size is 9x12 and sometimes 12x12. These paintings are available for purhase, should you desire.

I'm only showing a few small paintings on this post but you may see more on my website: http://www.alfredcurrier.com/
On a side note, I will be teaching a plein air workshop in May 2010 for 10 days, in Umbria, Italy. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in this or other painting workshops in the future.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe in a reader